Friday, November 21, 2014

Five for Friday November 21

Hi everyone!  TGIF!  It's time for another Five for Friday!  Thanks for Doodle Bugs Teaching for the linky!


Last weekend I went shopping with my mom in Columbus.  It's an annual tradition that we've done since I was a little girl!  It's always so much fun!  The past few years we've gone early to avoid snow and also flocks of people.  I did pretty well this trip and feel good about my holiday shopping so far!




On Sunday I started reading a book for book club called Same Sun Here.  It's about two children who are pen pals.  One lives in NYC and the other in Kentucky.  It's a neat book so far!  I love going to book club!  I go with several teachers that I taught with who are now retired, as well as a few whom I still teach with.  We always meet at someone's house for dinner/drinks and then discuss our book. Occasionally we will go out to eat.  We meet once per month.



On Monday we started out our week with a snow day!  Hooray!  I, of course, got up at 5:00 a.m. to go to the gym butttttttt  then I went back to sleep.  Until noon.




We took a field trip to a local place that teaches the kids about long ago!  They got to play games and make biscuits!  It was a great way to kick off our Pilgrim Days unit!




My parents' pup, Daisy, celebrated her first birthday last Saturday!  She is so much fun but so hyper! Isn't she a cutie?!

Enjoy your weekend!!

xo
Megan 

2 comments:

Lee Ann Rasey said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Are you in Ohio?

Cindy Calenti said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Megan-

I am so impressed with your Christmas shopping! I haven't even started thinking about it yet.

Same Sun Here looks like a great book. I am reserving it at the library ASAP. Your book club sounds like a delightful once a month event.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Cindy
Granny Goes to School

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!